Pages

January 7, 2011

Day 04

My views on religion:

Everyone subscribes to something different and I have no problem with that so long as there is a mutual respect involved in letting others live the lives that they have chosen based on their beliefs on life and how their own lives should be lived. I will never force my views on someone else but I will answer all questiong asked of my truthfully about what I believe (either about my own religion or another) and I would expect the same of someone else. I just see it as a respect for your fellow man, I suppose. A live and let live policy. Don't get me wrong though, those that are reading and asking, "But aren't you supposed to preach your religion of you're Christian?" Because I do, but in the most respectful way possible. I'll never force my religion "down someone's throat" because that is one sure-fire way to turn someone off to whatg you're trying to say. I never shy away from talking about my own religion, though and I wouldn't expect anyone else to. I do find however, that it is rude to talk about religion on front of perfect strangers because you never know who you're going to offend. Being that I am a chrisitian, I take offense when someone in my general vacinity yells, "Jesus Christ!" at the top of their lungs for some mundane thing whether or not they know what my religious views are. It's the same as taking the name of any other diety in a religiong and using it in vain in front of a follower of that religion. I suppose that I am just widespread asking, "Can we please be a little more polite around strangers?" Politeness never killed anyone, but religious battles have.

No comments: