Pages

January 11, 2011

Day 08

A moment I felt the most satisfied with my life:

I remember that exact moment when I sat down and thought that. It was early in my first year of living on my own after moving from Southern California up to Seattle. It was snowing outside and my roommate was out for the night. I had one of my favorite movies in (Marie Antoinette) and was drinking an earl grey tea with some hot milk and vanilla. I was sitting on the couch when I felt overwhelmed to pause the movie, stand up, turn the lights on and walk over to the big living room window to watch the snow fall. Tessy was sleeping on a pile of blankets on the end of the couch and I thought, "This is everything I've ever wanted." I had finally made it back to Washington, I loved the snow, I had my own place and time to myself and a sweet little kitty to love. I also had the job at a cafe which I had set out to get when I forst moved there. Everything was going just as I wanted it to. I had worked very hard to get it and I was very proud of myself. I'm now working on finishing college back in Southern California so that I can feel that way once again.

No comments: