Pages

January 20, 2011

Day 17

My highs and lows of this past year:

Last year wasn't so much a stretch as the year before it was. But the effects of it definitely lasted well into last year. There was the sadness and disappointment of having to move back to California, leaving Seattle which I had grown to absolutely love to finish school and be with a boyfriend whom I would later break up with. Leaving Seattle was certainly the hardest thing that I ever had to do. I had made amazing friends, was able to see my best friend Kendra more, I was close to family again and I was living on my own working in a coffee shop. It was everything I wanted and the southern heat drove me crazy so leaving the snowy north had for sure broken my heart. But going back to school was difficult but made me feel good knowing that I was moving forward (one semester left before I get my AA!) and it actually felt good leaving a relationship that I knew was no longer right for me. But there was definitely a good amount of regret because my ex and I share so many friends, many of whom I met through him, so I've gradually started losing touch with a few of them. But thanks to that pivital moment, only a few short weeks later, I was reunited with an old friend from highschool who I hadn't really spent any time with since highschool, got to know him very well and then we (Dustin and I) began dating. I've been so happy with him the past few months. I've never felt so much love from or for one person.

And sadly, my best friend Kendra lost her mom to lung cancer just a few short days ago. I will miss her very, very much as she was as close to me as a second mom. Being in southern California, I can't be with Kendra in Portland right now, but when the time is right, I will fly up to be with her.

Love, Lucy

No comments: